Pro 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Time Chores

"Make a joyful shout to Elohim, all the earth!  Sing out the honor of His name; Make His praise glorious.  Say to Elohim, How awesome are Your works!  (Psalm 66:1-3)

We are so glad that spring is here!

Combining the old with the new, Dane breaks new ground with a horse-drawn disk pulled behind the tractor. 




Dane tilled up the gardens and everyone pitched in to lay the plastic mulch.


We started a variety of seeds indoors that we move outside during the day for more sunlight.


And we just finished planting around 7000 onion plants in just a couple of days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are working more towards becoming self-sufficient (living off the land), but it is a LONG term goal! I only plated 80 onion sets, and that was laborious. I would love to come and see your land some time... we have SO much to learn!

Bethany W in mid-MO
http://coveredbyhishand.wordpress.com
(I had to move from blogger because of computer problems.)

Dana said...

Haven't seen you post in a while, but of course with a garden that big, I'm guessing your extremely busy!!

I hope you and your family are well and everything is going great for you all!!

Dana

Donaldson Family said...

Hi Bethany,

It is great to hear from you! I have been keeping up with your new blog and I am always glad to see a new post.

Your family is always welcome to come visit. Come see us sometime!!

May the Lord bless you and yours,
Jessica

Donaldson Family said...

Hi Dana,


Thank you for being patient with me. We are doing great, just extremely busy. It is strawberry season now, so we are picking most days of the week. Things are starting to slow down a little (we only picked 29 gallons this morning), so maybe I can squeeze in a post soon!

I hope your family is well too!

God bless,
Jessica